It’s Baileys, But Not As We Know It!
You know how much we love the great British Bake Off here at FoodNoise, right? So, when we heard GBBO winner Candice Brown was collaborating with Baileys to celebrate the launch of their latte and mocha Iced Coffee cans, well, we just had to see what was going down!
And what we discovered, was not one, but two taste sensations! Behold a Baileys brownie masterpiece and a cheeky little twist on a milkshake called the ‘Baileys Mint Brownie Iced Latte’.
The only caveat (well, for you guys outside the capital), is that it’s being served up at Grind’s eight London cafes, where you need to whisper the not-so-secret password ‘Don’t Mind If I Baileys’ to get in on the act.
The milkshake itself comes in a tall glass dripping in salted mint caramel, the Baileys Iced Coffee milkshake is swirled with Baileys cream and finished with a generous wedge of Candice’s own Baileys mint chocolate brownie.
Candice herself had to say…“Creating my Baileys Iced Coffee serve was such fun. It has all the indulgence of Baileys with delicious salted caramel, a gooey brownie and a fresh hint of mint. I love it! Sure, it’s a little bit naughty, but isn’t that what a secret recipe is all about?”
Candice’s cracker is only available for the next couple of weeks, so hurry down to Grind – and don’t forget the password!
And if you don’t manage to get to Grind, the new Baileys Ice Coffee cans are available in most major retailers.
And we’re so good to you, if you’re housebound, no need to miss out, as we’re giving you the chance to recreate Candice’s creation from the comfort of your own home. See below:-
CANDICE’S BAILEYS MINT BROWNIE ICED LATTE
(makes two serves and extra brownie …) 1.5 units per serve
For the salted caramel
120g dark brown sugar
120g unsalted butter
100ml double cream
50g good quality dark chocolate with mint
For the Baileys Cream
300ml double cream
75ml Baileys liquor
For the Milkshake
2 cans of Baileys Iced latte
6 big scoops vanilla ice cream
For the Brownie
250g good quality dark chocolate with mint
250g soft unsalted butter
250g dark brown soft sugar
4 medium eggs
60g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
60g Cacao powder
100g roughly Toasted chopped pecans
A drizzle of Baileys Liquor
For the caramel-
- Place the sugar and butter in a saucepan over a low heat until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Turn the heat up and allow to froth and bubble. Turn off the heat and add in the chocolate- stir to melt then pour in the cream. Whisk until combined. Set aside to cool
For the Brownie-
- Preheat oven to 160c fan and grease and line a 25cmx25cm square baking tin
- In a Heat proof bowl add the chocolate and place over the top of a saucepan of simmering water on a medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted then remove from the heat
- In a large bowl on an electric mixer place the softened butter and sugar- whisk for 2 minutes until pale and whipped
- Add in the eggs one at a time whilst still whisking on a high heat- make sure all is combined before adding the next egg. Whisk for another 5 minutes until the mixture is pale and fluffy- You may need to scrape the sides of the bowl down between each egg
- Pour the melted chocolate over the whipped egg mix and fold in until combined.
- Sieve in the flour, cacao, baking powder and salt- add the toasted pecans fold in until combined
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 30-40 minutes until the top has set. Check with a skewer- although the middle will still be quite sticky as we want a gooey brownie.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Drizzle the Baileys to soak in and slice into 3x1inch rectangles or little triangles
For the Baileys cream-
- Place the double cream and baileys in a large bowl and using an electric whisk whip up until Peaks form and hold their shape- transfer to a piping bag with a star nozzle
For the Milkshake-
- Place the Baileys latte and ice cream into a blender and blitz for 15 seconds until thick and mixed
- Drip the salted mint caramel down the inside of the glass.
- Pour the baileys milkshake up to 3/4 full and pipe on a big swirl of the baileys cream
- Place a piece of the brownie onto the side of the cream then drizzle over more caramel and top with a sprig of mint
- Place a straw into the glass and serve